Sunday, January 25, 2009

Finally a New Post!

Hello all! Been knitting and painting and haven't had a chance to put anything on here! Also, I got Guild Wars and have been playing that quite a bit. I am still keeping up with laundry and dishes and work, though, so I don't feel too bad about the hours I spend online killing skales and Grawls and Charrs.

Anyway, I finally broke down and bought some of the new Noro Silk Garden sock yarn. It's GLORIOUS!I love how the colors came out totally different from one sock to the other. One has a lot of pink and one has a lot of orange.


Pattern: Whitby from Knitting on the Road
Designer: Nancy Bush
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden Sock in 284
Needles: Size 3

Also, I finally used up my 12th Planet handspun corriedale that I got at the Shepherd's Extravaganza last year.



Pattern: Notions Purse
Designer: Me
Yarn: The 12th Planet Coiled Yarn
Needles: 9 circulars

I had a really hard time trying to figure out what to do with this coiled yarn, especially since I had so little yardage. It finally came to me when I was hunting around my dining room table for my yarn needles tin. It's lined with black cotton inside and has a snap closure.



Pattern: Felicity
Designer: Wanette Clyde
Yarn: The 12th Planet 2 ply
Needles: Sizes 4 and 5 16" circulars

I totally love this pattern! I went down a needles size on both and added 20 stitches because my handspun was sport weight and not worsted.


Pattern: Moria Cowl
Designer: Me
Yarn: The 12th Planet 2 ply
Needles: Size 5 16" circulars

I really enjoyed designing and knitting this. The colors and the way it fits reminded me of Moria. The leaf pattern is from an old pattern book that I have and after the first repeat I started taking out some of the decreases and adding rows so the leaves get bigger and bigger.

I've also knit a few things for the LYS. You can see them at The Dancing Ewe Yarn and Teas or at the Ravelry link to your right.

Ok. I guess that's all for now. It's snowing as I type this morning. I'm glad.

No comments: