Friday, October 30, 2009

Fall Fiber and Fun

This fall has been super interesting and here's the pics to show for it! We've had the Kittitas County Fair, which was awesome. We won the Black and White Barn Award from the State. :) Also, been re-designing my house interior. And knitting and spinning and just having a good time!

Office Fun: Me with Sasquatch

Me as Pirate LaRue

The view on the way to work, October 30.

The Fall Fiber Festival, October 17. Good turnout this year!

Karla Kaatz demonstrating weaving at the Fall Fiber Festival.

Joan teaching drop spindling to a new spinner at the Fall Fiber Festival

Would love to dive into the middle of all that wool! Suri alpaca. *sigh*

The girls out for a stroll. They're finally laying eggs. Talk about the best thing ever! Fresh eggs are the bomb!!!!

Sidewalk Sunflower. Found this beauty over on 3rd and Kittitas on the way to Fred Meyer.

Ummm... Which way do I go? Sign at the Kittitas County Fair.

He looks so sweet!!! Yeah. No. One of the bulls for the Extreme Bulls Rodeo event.

My project basket got Judge's Choice. Yeah!!!

Fair display for the Fiber Arts Booth. Lots of variety in fibers here.

The moon from my backyard. I took this with my Cybershot just standing and holding the camera. I was pretty impressed that my camera was able to get that kind of detail. You can see the craters on the lower right side.

A purse I made using a pattern from Interweave Knits magazine. The exterior I spun from a blend called potluck. The fabric interior is leftovers from a skirt that I made.


So that's been most of what's going on this fall. I took two photo series, one of the color orange and one of the signs of Ellensburg. I will get a link up to the galleries soon.

No comments: