Saturday, June 30, 2007

Favorite Things

WOW! Where to begin? It seems like so much has changed in my life in the last two weeks. First, I have rediscovered my love of tea and changed over to black tea in the morning instead of drinking coffee so much. It's been fun trying new and exotic flavors and the picture to the right shows the ones that are my favorites. It's so relaxing to get out the tea tray and my china and tea pot and just brew up a cup of goodness in the morning instead of rushing through the line at Starbucks on my way to work.

Something else I've discovered this last week is actually a someone. A very handsome, Godly, and goofy someone who makes me smile more than I have smiled in a very long time, who makes me think about the hard things, and who is incredibly comfortable to be around. And if you're reading this, Matthew, I am talking about you! Hehehe...

Also, I've finished the alpaca lace scarf. It was so fun to knit and it was actually cold enough last week to wear it. It's so soft! Here's a close up of the pink lace part.

I ended up with a lot of yarn left over after I finished this project, so I'm using the brown to make lace edging on some pillows and the pink I'm using to make a knitted doily that I discovered in a knitting book from the early '80s. It has a pretty tree design and will look great on the dresser. Also, I'm spinning up some fun wool that Mary T. dyed to make a tea cozy for my Stump Tea Pot. And I've finished designing the slip cover for my couch, I just need to cut it out and sew it all together.
Another past time I love greatly but haven't made time for was rediscovered last weekend. HIKING! I hadn't been out on the trails for years and Mary and I and her 6-year-old son put a lunch together and climbed to the top of Manastash Ridge, which overlooks Ellensburg and Thorp. The hike was difficult, especially with how bad of shape we're both in. But it was fun nevertheless, and we made it to the book at the top and signed our names in it. Here's some pictures:



No comments: