Saturday, June 2, 2007

Sarah's Insanity






Yes. It is true. My insanity has been embodied in a PROJECT LIST! EEK!!! I love projects! And right now I have more than I can possibly do all at once! I did finish one. The Debbie Bliss socks have been completed. Yeah! I used size 3 needles and two balls each of the blue and chocolate to make these. The pattern is from Priscilla Gibson-Roberts and was modified quite a lot since she has it set for size 0 and 1 needles and thin sock yarn. And it should have been knit from the toe up, but it was more mental work than I cared to do, so I knitted it from the top down.

And now I'm working on a scarf from the remainder of the Twilleys of Stamford Freedom Spirit yarn that I used to make a beret. It's coming along well. But I still have my alpaca shrug on the needles and another pair of socks that I actually forgot that I was knitting! Then there's the blanket that I'm going to start weaving, the sweater that I have a great idea for, the roman blinds I'm making for my dining room, and the general cleaning of my house and mowing the yard. I've also gone through all my shoes and clothes... again... and weeded out all the stuff I really don't wear and certainly don't need. All of it will be down at the local Goodwill tomorrow. Yeah!


Today I spent some time down at the laundromat. I haven't had to go in awhile and I was amazed by how peaceful it was. Even with the noise, Shrek was on TV and the Hispanic radio station was being played over the top of that, and there were people talking and a guy vacuuming and then the sound of the washers and the dryers, it was awesome. My quilts and blankets are all now on the line outside my house, which makes me quite happy. Mary and I have been dying to have a laundry line, but haven't been able to convince the man in charge, Mary's husband, that it was a good idea. But now it is up and I am using it! Huzzah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like Sarah's insanity, it's like gravy, but better........whatever that means.