Saturday, June 16, 2007

Cocooned in Lace and God


This week I have begun a new project. Well, several to be honest! I have begun a lace scarf from some alpaca I spun last year and the year before. The pink is a singles that I spun about two years ago and couldn't decide what I wanted to make with it. The brown is 2-ply, but the same wpi as the pink.

The scarf I am knitting from it is the Cocoon Lace Scarf from Evelyn A. Clark (Fiber Trends). I'm using size 7 needles, with the brown for the main body of the scarf and the pink for the scalloped lace border.

I am on the 11th repeat of the pattern now, and am excited to have it finished so I can start on some other things!

Last week I had the pleasure of going thrift store shopping early in the morning while the good stuff was still to be had. My finds were incredible! Several things I have been really praying for and looking hard to find were a couch that is both comfortable and easy to update with slipcovers and a tea tray big enough for my teapot, two tea cups, a creamer dish and a sugar bowl. I found both! The couch for $14.99, as well as enough of the most perfect material to make a slipcover for it for $3.99 and a silver plate tea tray for $1.99! Yeah! But God kept the blessings coming with two paintings, an antique tea strainer, a coffee mug with sheep on it, and several other little tidbits that make me smile whenever I see them! The pic on the right is what my living room looks like now. The quilt that's covering the couch was handmade by my stepmom, Doreen. She's an antique hunting, sewing, knitting nut just like me! :D

This week God has been showing me many things. Mostly to do with where my heart lies and what in it needs to be given up and cleaned out to make room for what He wants for me. Below is Psalm 63: 1-8. It where I want to be. To worship God when my hope is weary and my heart is dry.

O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You, In a dry and weary land where there is no water. 2Thus I have seen You in the sanctuary, To see Your power and Your glory. 3Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips will praise You. 4So I will bless You as long as I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. 5My soul is satisfied as with marrow and fatness, And my mouth offers praises with joyful lips. 6When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches, 7For You have been my help, And in the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy. 8My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me. (NASB)

No comments: