Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Let There be More Yarn!

First of all: Dear Anonymous Weekend Dyer: I used distilled white vinegar in my Kool-Aid dye, but I didn’t measure out how much. Just dumped it in because I’ve done so much of this kind of dying. I have several different recipets and the general consensus is one cup of vinegar to eight ounces of wool if you’re dying it all one color on the stove like I did. If you do your dying in the microwave or sun dye it in a jar, then the amount changes. And Dear Janelle: I think I’ll make socks out of it, since I didn’t dye a whole lot of it and socks are my favoritest things to knit. :D

Second of all: I took some pics of what Mary’s been working on today. Yeah! Here’s some of the Falkland she’s been spinning. Even I’m excited about this! And also a picture of her Monet’s Garden as she sets the twist. Beautiful stuff! She says she will be knitting a shawl with it. It will be incredible. I’ll post pictures as she knits it so you all can see its progress.

Third of all: I have given up on the We Call them Pirates hat from the Hello Yarns website. Not totally, but my alpaca yarn is far too bulky to knit that hat with, and so I am doing a drop stitch shrug with it. The pattern is a freebie from the Interweave Knits http://www.interweaveknits.com/freepatterns/wraps.asp website. I’m excited with how it’s already turning out. Also, I have a picture of the Cashmerino socks I've been working on. Now that my monetary issues have been sorted out, I'll be able to buy the rest of the yarn to complete these this weekend.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can i have a nice olive green hazmat jumpsuit made? but not out of wool, that would be far too hot nad expensive, not to mention....it makes me all itchy.....but out of yarn *yarns*......yay! :)