Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Sarah's First Novelty Yarn


I spent the evening spinning up some thick and thin novelty yarn from the Lorna's Laces that I purchased in the Tri Citites last weekend. It came out quite fun and I think I'll do one more skein like this and then the rest I'll do a thinner boucle yarn. I'm not sure what I'll knit with it yet, though.



I also set the twist in the merino/alpaca/silk that I spun over the weekend. It came out quite nice and will look great with the black alpaca I spun a few months ago. As soon as I get the Log Cabin cable socks done, I'll be starting the We are Pirates hat from Hello Yarns.



Today, I had the fortune of visiting the Brooklyn Tweed blog (see links). Jared's knitting abilities are astounding! Every piece of his work made me drool in jealousy! Someday I hope to be even half as good a knitter as he is! Check out his blog. It's amazing!

I also thought I'd post pictures of the dog I gave Mary (his name's Zeke and is a half beagle, half black and tan coonhound. We call him the stretch beagle, LOL!) and the cat Mary gave me (his name is Gus and he's a massive spaz! He actually fell off the couch yesterday. Didn't even try to land on his feet either!)



No comments: