Friday, May 18, 2007

Sarah's Finished Projects

I have finished the Log Cabin socks from the Holiday Handknits book and I wore them yesterday and they are sooooo soft! I really enjoyed knitting them! I thought I'd have to modify the pattern to make them fit my size 6 feet, but I didn't need to at all.



The other project I finished last night was a cabled cowl from the Hello Yarns free pattern website. I used the bulky singles I spun thick and thin and size 11 needles. The knitting went fast and I was able to get the whole thing done in a couple of hours. I wore it to work this morning and it is so warm! It'll definitely be a winter item. And with how cold it gets in Ellensburg, I'll be wearing it quite often. Here's a detail of what the yarn looks like when it's knitted. I like the contrast of the super poofy slubs and the tight twist of the thinner sections. I'll definitely be making more of this kind of yarn!

2 comments:

Miss Janelle said...

Wow, Sarah, you're so prolific! That novelty yarn looks amazing knitted up. What a great pattern to show it off.

Anonymous said...

you said poofy :)