Monday, May 21, 2007

Precious Things


I have no knitting or wool related pictures today. But I do have to share some love and beauty with you all. The first thing, is that the peonies are blooming in Mary's yard and they are beyond beautiful! Mary is an amazing gardener and her front walk always look amazing! I am not such a great gardener and my front walk usually is brown and lifeless! LOL!

The other precious thing is a website/store that I fell in love with almost two years ago. It's called Small Meadow Press
(http://www.smallmeadowpress.com/) and is operated by a woman named Lesley Austin in Virginia. Her creations always brighten my day. I have several of her products, including the Jane Austen Missives and the Pigeon Holes. One of the things I love about her is that her products arrive at your door in packaging just as beautiful as the product inside. And she's pretty quick with getting your order to you.
In contrast to these two things above, I listened to Deliverance, Vengeance Rising, and Armeggedon this morning before going to work. Nothing like a serious dose of heavy metal to start your morning! LOL! I finished one sock out of the Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino that I purchased a few weeks ago and realized that I don't have enough to finish the second sock! I'll have to buy two more skeins. These are some pretty expensive sockies! I also started spinning some Baby Camel Down last night. I'm trying to make it lace weight, using the highest speed whorl that I have on my Ashford, but I'm thinking it's not high speed enough. I'll have to ask for the lace flyer for my birthday this year! (hint hint) :D

No comments: